Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Dad's visit to RockyFord, CO 5/30/10

Rod went to Rockyford, CO for 1 day over the Memorial Day weekend! Really, I took him to Eppley Airport in Omaha at 5:30am and he flew his plane back home and was in bed at 10:30pm. WOW, what a full day! This is the farm house in Rockyford where Dad [Pops] and Judy live. They've done quite a bit of work - landscaping, watering system, fenced in hot tub area outside master bedroom to the right below, plus things in the back and inside. It's a tradition to visit Mom's grave site on this particular weekend, so here are a few pics of the cemetery. It's been 5 years already since Mom passed away...unbelievable how fast time goes.
Aren't the flowers gorgeous! Peonies are everywhere. After I saw these pics, I had Rod plant a magenta Peonie in our backyard.

This is Corky and Frank. Corky and Mom have been best girlfriends since the 1st grade. I think Corky has to be at least 82 or 83. Can you imagine having a friend that long? They use to pretend they were sisters. : }
And here they are: P1, P2 and P3 as all the insiders know them : } Rod's 3 sister's- Peggy, Paula and Pattie.


Pops and his kids : }

No comments: