Upon arrival at RA, Phil came out to see us in the bar area. I took several pics of RA so you all can see where Phil works. It is really cool and quite the "young professional" place. Lots of music! I think dad and I were maybe two of the oldest people there : } It didn't matter!! I was on a mission to see our son work. We even got to go into the kitchen and watch him at the stove. I didn't take pictures of that since I'm "sure" Phil would have been utterly embarassed : } I am soooo very proud of him, I could burst : }
Monday, August 9, 2010
Our visit to KC 8-10
Rod had a conference in Kansas City, so we came to the Plaza as tourists this time. Normally when we go to KC, it's to see the boys and we stay with them. This time the U. of KC put us up in a hotel on the Plaza....COOL!! We went out to dinner with the Med-El team [sponsors of the conference] on Thursday evening at EV [Extra Virgin] and had foods like: Trout Cheeks, Duck Tongue taco's, fried Pig Ears and Bone Marrow. Extremely Different but we tried it all except the Bone Marrow : } They wanted to take us out again on Friday evening but we had plans to visit RA and see Phil cook. They wanted to go too, so......we took 12 work friends with us to RA : } Great fun!
Phil is the 3rd chef at RA and was able to come out of the kitchen often to visit with us. Above and below are desserts "he" made for everyone. It was sooooo good and so beautiful to look at.

Susan made it into KC after work just in time to enjoy dinner with us!
Great pic of Rob and Rod!

Upon arrival at RA, Phil came out to see us in the bar area. I took several pics of RA so you all can see where Phil works. It is really cool and quite the "young professional" place. Lots of music! I think dad and I were maybe two of the oldest people there : } It didn't matter!! I was on a mission to see our son work. We even got to go into the kitchen and watch him at the stove. I didn't take pictures of that since I'm "sure" Phil would have been utterly embarassed : } I am soooo very proud of him, I could burst : }
Upon arrival at RA, Phil came out to see us in the bar area. I took several pics of RA so you all can see where Phil works. It is really cool and quite the "young professional" place. Lots of music! I think dad and I were maybe two of the oldest people there : } It didn't matter!! I was on a mission to see our son work. We even got to go into the kitchen and watch him at the stove. I didn't take pictures of that since I'm "sure" Phil would have been utterly embarassed : } I am soooo very proud of him, I could burst : }
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How much fun. Wished I could have joined you all.
Post a Comment