Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Emma's visit in Omaha 8-11


OK, do they look tired?  We were ALL soooo tired from 2 days of moving T&T into their new apt., then traveling 9 hours from Chicago to Omaha.  We met dad at Carlos O'Kelly's for dinner....I just couldn't go home and cook.  Love those Naked Nacho's!  : }

Lots of pent up energy being released here.  T&T decided to drive me back home and leave Emma with us while they took 2 days by themselves down in Nebraska City for some much needed R&R.

So poor Papa had to work while Emma Mae & I "tried" to find things to do.  Not really!!  We had loads to do on our agenda.
The first day, I did home stuff to catch up while Emma found lots to keep herself busy.  We even went grocery shopping in the afternoon with my latte' and her chocolate milk in one of those HUGE carts that look like a racing car.  I had to laugh at myself trying to push this monster machine up and down the isles.  Totally gained new respect for the "young" moms who do this all the time.  Emma even got a free cookie from the pastry chef to go with her milk.  Good times!!
                                     

Emma wanted me to try out her computer and I thought, "OK, I can do that".  Well....not so user friendly!  I had difficulty.  She kept trying to explain things to me and finally said, "Non, just push this button. It's the easiest!"  I laughed 'til I almost cried!!  She gave up on me  : }

On Friday, we went to the Omaha Zoo.  Our zoo is in the top 10 zoo's in the nation!  She chose this tiger on the merry-go-round because it reminded her of the tiger, Schekan, in the movie Jungle Book 2 we had just watched.  Actually, we watched Happy Feet, Cars and  Toy Story too!

Since the tiger didn't go up and down, Emma had to change to the elephant
                                    



Children's petting zoo
                                     

I loved this "crown" on top of the chickens' head....too funny!
                                      
Waiting on the train

The Butterfly House.  Emma took this pic
                                    

The Aquarium was the BEST part of our day!  She literally stopped mid stride and yelled with excitement when we entered the doors...too cute!  She took this pic of me and actually told me where to sit.








Papa took us out to 5 Guys hamburgers for our Friday night date

No comments: