Christmas this year was quietly enjoyed at home amongst family and friends. A "much" needed repreive from ALL the traveling in the Fall. Our youngest boys came up on Thursday and stayed until Sunday. I can't tell you how much that meant to me to have them that long : }
This is Christmas morning. Of course they got stockings!! And they will until they get married or when they come to be with us at Christmas. I still get excited watching them go through all the things in those stockings I made almost 30 years ago.

As our tradition goes, the youngest "has" to hand out all the presents from under the tree. And this is the first year that I didn't hear Phil complain about it : } Heck, he's been doing it for 20 something years!! LOL

Robby decided to help him probably because it was taking him too long to hand it all out : }

Finally...opening the gifts and I'm pretty sure "everything" was a hit for all of us


I got my jewlry tree from Rob that I've been wanting. Prefect!!

Look at dad's stack!! Must have been pretty good all year : }

Taking a break and enjoying the moment : }

Every year, Rod hides a little present in the tree and I have to search for it. It's fun and amidst all the hub bub of the morning, I always forget that I have one more gift waiting : } Love it!

Getting ready to prepare our Christmas dinner. Phil says to me, "Mom, you're never going to have to cook a holiday dinner alone again!" I cried : } My son, the Chef!!

Rob visiting with the Chef above and helping clean up below.

Making Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding with warm bourbon sauce for our dessert

Making sour cream kremel's to dollop our Acorn Squash soup. Very artistic! We replaced the salad this year with this wonderful soup that went so well with the pork crown roast.

We really had a wonderful Christmas with our boys!!
No comments:
Post a Comment