Thursday, February 4, 2010

Orlando Trip 2-2010

Sea World was awesome! Cool and cloudy in the morning but by 11a.m. the sun came out and the day was saved. We went to the Shamu Show. These Killer whales weigh about 4000 lbs. HUGE!! and are so agile in the water.

They develop a relationship with one trainer for life and are devoted to him/her. The only requirements to work with the whales is to be an avid swimmer and love animals.



Flamingo's behind the red/orange geraniums.....beautiful!



Taking a break [just for a second] then off we went again. We got here at 10 and left around 3. We saw ALL the animals but didn't hit any of the rides [shhhhhh....that's ok with Noni] : }



We packed a lunch and found a shady place to eat while watching the new Manta Ride splash down the rails with all the people screaming.

They did so well and were so excited about "everything" we saw and did. What a FUN day!


Alligator pond!


Watching the Manatee's under the water. Very bizarre looking creatures.


A Manatee from above the water. All the Manatee's were rescued for some reason or another and will be returned to the ocean as soon as they are healed.


The friendly and very smart Dolphins.


These birds [?name] were standing on the rocks in the Sting-ray pond. When the wind blew, it appeared as though they had long hair instead of feathers.


All the Sting-rays [uncountable]. People were feeding them and they would literally hold their heads out of the water waiting for fish to be dropped into their mouths. We got wet from all their flipping in the water. Noey loved it, but not Will. I think it frightened him.


This is the dock on the resort complex we're staying at [Summer Bay Resort]. It's a large lake with a white sandy beach right next to the heated pool. Beautiful and fun for the boys.


Taking a break from the pool to eat our picnic lunch.


Lynn having fun with her boys in the warm water.


My mom and dad came up to Orlando to visit me before Lynn and the boys came. They were on they're way to Jacksonville for a golf week with Dee and Mark [my sister and brother-in-law]. I loved it since I hadn't seen them since 8/09.

GG & Papa Short

1 comment:

The Deno Den said...

WOW, I can't wait to take our kids to see SeaWorld. We have one here in TX. They would absolutely love it as would I. That's about where I like animals...in cages to be viewed ;-) I also had to blow each one up to see everything. Great memories.